Monday, September 23, 2019

What is going through HSCT like?


I had another post written. Then, I read this [at the end]. Someone who started HSCT in Mexico last week, is very transparent about her experience. I am thankful.  It's easy to find the really good experiences. But, I want to know the good, bad & the ugly.

Reading this post was a timely reality check. I could see this being me. My neurologist refers to Lemtrada as Stem Cell Light. I was sick & extremely weak on the first day of each round. I'm pretty much counting on getting sick. Does reading this post [following]  make me feel nervous or dissuaded? No. Not at all. This is what we (MSers) do... what we choose to do for a chance to halt the progression of this disease. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me..." including HSCT. Philippians 4:13 The HSCT part isn't in the Bible. I added that. 😁 But, it's absolutely true! I KNOW that the Lord directed me to do this. Nothing will dissuade me.

If you're also interested in reading someone's experience, look below. If you're interested in giving me a chance to stop the aggressive progression of my MS: 
▪︎ https://givetaxfree.org/campaigns/rebeccas-hsct-adventure/
▪︎ https://www.gofundme.com/f/rebecca039s-hsct-adv
▪︎ PayPal:  rebeccashsctadventure@gmail.com 
▪︎ Mail: send message for addres
~~~~~

"Mimi xxx collapsed as I was taking her to bathroom, @11:30 PM  her eyes rolled back in her head. I screamed for Jesus then  I screamed in hallway for someone to help me, as she laid in a puddle of urine her dead weight  was like 300lbs, I was able to sit her dead weight up against the wall all I could do was call on Jesus, as David Abbo Trevor Snarr,  Marlo's Mom,  Yoselim the nurse  , Angel, Nurse Paco and Javier helped me with my wife as the nurse rushed to get her vitals and sugar levels, Sam's brother helped me clean up the mess , I managed to pick her up off the floor and get her in the portable shower chair,  I continued to ask her my name  she said Q then I asked her what was her name she said Mimi as I asked her when was her birthday she said Nov 7 as I begin to watch her come back, she asked me what happened, as I held her tight to my chest and prayed I'm filled with tears and grateful to God for dispatching and Angel to My Wife, she began to demand I give her a shower as everyone decided to leave , the nurse instantly without hesitation began to roll up her pajamas pants to help me remove her clothes to shower her, I noticed she was back in her right mind, so I told the nurse thank you in Spanish, and I would get her from here as we positioned the shower chair in the big shower, the nurse left and I removed her soaked clothes and begin to clean her up to take away the shame, after a full bathing I got her fresh clean under garments, a t shirt and a pair of my shorts , I clearly saw she was back , as I walked backwards with both her hands gripping mine we took one step at a time back to the bedroom walking backwards,  as I sat her on the bed I just held her tight and thanked God. I ran to the 1st floor from the 4th floor to find ice cause she stated she hit her head in the fall, Paco the 2nd nurse found an ice pack in nurses fridge as he came with me back to our 4th floor room to check  vitals again , all was good, I got her tucked back in with a kiss as I prayed for her and Thanked God for the angel dispatched to her, I remembered she told me she wanted full transparency so she could reveal the real journey to fellow MSers no matter how personal it may be..Thanks for prepping me Kimberly Strowbridge & Brandy Askew Thank You fellow recipients of this group for rushing to help me with my wife..
THIS IS THE REAL HSCT MS STEM CELL TRANSPLANT JOURNEY...SHE SHALL RECOVER  ALL , The husband's pain, laying on pillow outside her door til she rises soaked with tears, 7 yrs of caregiving it's almost over Thank You Jesus." 

No comments:

Post a Comment